- How much does a project cost? Many people ask us just that question. Unfortunately,
there is never a simple answer that we can give. Our belief is that each project
is unique and requires its own project plan and services. We work with each
client to find the services and products that fit his or her special needs.
During our free initial consultation, we will discuss your goals and provide
suggestions for how to achieve those goals. We provide this list of general
ideas and fees as a guideline.
- Legacy Interview. We would be honored to conduct a life interview with you or your loved one. These audiotaped interviews provide you or your family member with time to reflect on his or her early and adult life, review accomplishments, share family stories, and send wishes for future generations. These interviews also provide the family with a gift of memory that will be enjoyed for years to come. Upon completion of the interview, the family is provided with two CDs or a flash drive of the interview. Packages start at $100.
- Family History or Life History. In whatever form it takes – an oral history, an autobiography, a memoir, a collection of stories – we can take your life story and create your very own book. We can provide a complete service package that includes recording a life history through oral history interviews; editing a raw transcription or a writer.s early drafts into a cohesive narrative; adding photographs, documents and other historical context; and providing graphic design services. We can provide ghost-writing or project management services to keep your project on track. If you just need help with one aspect of the project, we can step in at any point in the process. This life history can forever be preserved in a library-quality publication to be enjoyed and shared with others. Each project is special, and we will work with each client to develop a plan based on his or her goals. Projects start at $1,000.
- Family Photo Album. Why keep your family's treasured photographs in a box when you can have them printed in a beautiful album? Find your favorite family snapshots, add some descriptions to them, and we can design an album with your special needs in mind. This is a fantastic way to preserve your family.s images and make a permanent identification of who.s who. You can even make additional copies to share with other family members. We can provide any or all of the following services to create a family keepsake for your family: photo digitizing, photo touch-up or editing, caption and/or text writing and editing, formatting and designing of album, and guiding the album through the printing production. Each project is different and requires individual services, and we will work with you to create the album that is perfect for you. Projects cost from $250 and up.
- Why should I hire a personal historian? Sometimes we all need a little help to get an important project done. A professional historian recognizes that such an endeavor can be daunting and a little overwhelming, and she can take that burden off your shoulders. At Interwoven Heritage Services, we can collaborate with you to do those parts of the project that are onerous or difficult, or we can take on everything, ensuring that you have a product that you are proud of in a set timeframe. We use our experience, skills, knowledge and education as writers, historians, project managers, designers and oral historians to create the project that you have been dreaming of.
- Do you offer free consultations? We do! We offer free 30-minute consultations in person, video conference or telephone.
- What will the final product look like? That's up to you! The sky's the limit. Audio, visual, the written word — we will work with you to determine the best final product for your goals. Check out some of our past projects to get some ideas.
- Do we need to work in person? No! Working remotely is absolutely an option. We will work with your preferences.
- Do I need to be local to Raleigh or the Triangle area? No! Most of our clients are local, but we have worked with people from all over the country.
- How long does it take to complete a project? Of course, it depends on the scope and depth of your project, but we will work with you to determine appropriate timeframes and deadlines.
- My children don't seem to care. Should I still invest in this project?
We hear this a lot, but it's most often a false perception. Sometimes you don't know
how interested others are in family history until you start a project. Additionally,
interest in family history often develops over time. If you kids or grandkids
don't show interest now, it could very well be that they just haven't reached
that time in their lives yet. I guarantee that someone in your family will care
very deeply. Remember, your investment is not for just now — it's for future